Diversity & Inclusion
April 23, 2021
YMCA of the Rockies is committed to serving people of goodwill, representing all dimensions of diversity.
A Message From Our President/CEO, Julie Watkins:
YMCA of the Rockies is committed to serving a diverse population, inclusive of all people of good will. In line with this commitment, our Board of Directors has adopted an Outreach & Inclusion Vision Statement which confirms: YMCA of the Rockies will reach out to and welcome all people and organizations of goodwill and ensure that the rich gifts of diversity are reflected and respected at all levels.
We embrace the goals of the YMCA of the USA diversity movement and our diversity, inclusion, and global engagement (DIG) strategies are designed to advance the Y’s relevance, viability, and impact as a cause-driven organization. They help to ensure that everyone can access and thrive at our YMCA. Our approach puts into action our core belief that, in a diverse world, we are stronger when we are inclusive and our doors are open to all.
Reflecting our Christian Mission, we are proud to welcome all to the YMCA of the Rockies!
Julie Watkins, President/CEO
YMCA of the Rockies puts Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities, in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The spirit of YMCA of the Rockies will be enhanced and handed from generation to generation for the good of all people and for God’s glory.
Our Diversity, Inclusion and Global Innovation Statement
YMCA of the Rockies will reach out to and welcome all people and organizations of goodwill and ensure that the rich gifts of diversity are reflected and respected at all levels.
Our Commitment to All People
We will serve a diverse population, inclusive of all people of goodwill. Reflecting our Christian Mission, we will be inclusive and welcoming of all people of good will. Our activities and facilities will be inclusive, accessible, and available to the diverse worldwide community we serve.
Our Diversity and Non-Discrimination Policy
As a Christian organization, YMCA of the Rockies will reach out to and welcome all people and organizations of goodwill and will ensure that the rich gifts of diversity are reflected and respected at all levels. The YMCA will be inclusive in welcoming individuals, organizations, volunteers and staff of various backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs and experiences. The YMCA will serve members and groups of various faiths and provide resources for Christian and spiritual growth for those who desire to participate.
YMCA of the Rockies will:
- Protect against any practice, activity, decision, or condition that discriminates on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or any other status protected by law.
- Continue and enhance its efforts to attract guests who reflect diverse populations.
- Ensure the recruitment of members of underserved populations and minorities as front-line staff and volunteers.
- Be proactive and focused in the recruitment of new Board members who represent underserved populations and minorities.
- Provide access to persons of all economic means. Effort should be made to provide financial assistance to those who lack sufficient economic resources.